Best crafting guide style?

total darkness total darkness

Best crafting guide style?

There are so many crafting guide styles, I was wondering what do people like the best. Different examples of guides,
http://www.wow-professions.com/ I categorize this as a list guide. click on the type of profession lets choose Black smith. All this "guide" is, a list of things to make, how many materials is needed to MAX your profession. Not actually what you can get out of each.

http://runescape.salmoneus.net/crafting.html I categorize this as a training guide. You choose the profession you are looking to learn more about, lets say leather working. It talks about what you get from the profession, you also get the information of where the crafting teachers can be, what they can make, and how much it costs, with pictures.

http://lotro-wiki.com/index.php/Metalsmith_Apprentice_Recipe_Index I categorize this as a complete guide. IT lists all the recipes, and what the mats are with links to each material. Some would say a WIKI.

The easiest of course is the training guide, you can only put so much information into this is how you do x. and you'll earn y, now go do it. The list guide is great if all you want to do is MAX out a skill with the lest amount of cost, a little harder to make, you have to calculate the cost of each item, vs skills gained, material cost to make an item, and possibly how much it's worth to sell back to a vendor or the community.

A wiki guide is possibly the most complete, takes the longest time to finish, but also gives the MOST information, the only downside is a wiki guide might be hard to dig through to get the information you want. If you're looking for mats needed to max, a wiki usually doesn't hold that information, but that could easily be added.

I am looking at writing up a crafting guide and would like as much input as possible.
kamper kamper

Re: Best crafting guide style?

They are all made up for different game. The WoW proff guides are the most easy to make. You can actually make them on any blogging platform as you only need to install a small script to make it work well.

The Runescape guides are easy to do also, and nice to look at.

The Lotro guides are real eye candy but guides like that needs your own database.

They all really fit there purpos, and all guides are important in there own way.