SW:TOR and Houses/Homesteading/Cities

Ibico Ibico

SW:TOR and Houses/Homesteading/Cities

I was a huge SWG fan, and played for 2 years before the NGE and CU. One of the things I loved best about SWG was my ability to setup a house and some extractors in the middle of nowhere and "homestead" it a bit. I had a great place north of Bestine that was far enough from any other house that it appeared that I was all by myself, but it was also near enough to the Squill Cave so I could level up as needed.

I also loved the system in place where guilds could build cities that could grow large enough to have their own starports and cantinas.

Based on what I've read and or seen in videos, it seems like they've replaced the house mechanic with the personal starship mechanic. Is this true? Do I get to wander around in my luxury yacht type ship and decorate it like in JTL?