Star Wars the Old Republic and disabled gaming.

Kungweezy Kungweezy

Star Wars the Old Republic and disabled gaming.

Hello everyone, I have muscular dystrophy and I was invited to participate in this weekends beta-test. At the end of the weekend I plan on writing up a comprehensive report on what I found out regarding disabled gaming and Star Wars the Old Republic. I played a mage in World of Warcraft for four years simply because they only had to hit three different buttons to be effective; I hated it the entire time. My favorite class to play was a tank, as it was the most difficult for me simply because of the amount of button management I had to have. Unfortunately there are a lot of gamers out there who simply can't play games the same way you and I can. For example I can use my mouse fairly easily and I have a pad that allows me push three different buttons. I also have Dragon NaturallySpeaking and that comes in very handy for in-game chatting and other emergency situations where I have to push a button and can't reach or afford to click. In game features such as click to move are a necessity for physically disabled gamers. You also need to keep in mind that there is a very large amount of gamers who are colorblind, unfortunately I'm not colorblind so I'm not going to be able to do a very accurate report on this game, nevertheless I'm going to try for their sake! If you would like to tag along with me feel free to send me a private message either here or on Reddit, my username there is Sydwashere.
Valakira Valakira

Re: Star Wars the Old Republic and disabled gaming.

Kungweezy, what you are doing is awesome and I fully support you!  If there is anything I can do to help, send me a PM! :D